Week 18: craving for good food, how Instagram can help
First, breakfast! I used to skip breakfast a lot before pregnancy. That’s now a meal that has become a very important part of my day. No way to miss it. That may be as simple as a slice of rye bread with almond butter and honey + a fruit, a porridge, or eggs. Whatever it is, I must eat something in the morning. Also, I may be hungry around 4pm so I often have a healthy snack (most of the time) like an apple + few nuts.
So basically, I’m hungry more often and eat more frequently. But as much as I can, I try to resist to sugar temptation and stick to my chocolate bar a day (and ok one two little cookies) to satisfy my greed. And chocolate is good right, it’s full of iron and antioxidants!
Then, if I don’t have sudden cravings for this or that food, there some foods I want to eat more than usual. Dairies for exemple. Certainly a signal from my body to let me know I need more calcium. So simply, I eat what I want to eat.
As maintaining a healhty diet during pregnancy is super important, it’s also as important to enjoy the food you eat from my opinion. And to get inspiration, Instagram is awesome. Here is a list of 10 Instagram accounts I love to keep craving for good foods:
[/av_textblock] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
- aimeebourque – Aimee is a Canadian food writer, mum to 3. She cooks for the family she likes to gather around the table on a daily basis.
- lesrecettesdejuliette (FR) – Juliette is a Parisian food blogger with Breton influence. She’s cooks beautifully with organic ingredients and makes vegeratian food look amazingly appealing.
- The_sunkissed_kitchen – An ode to fruits and vegetables! If you get a hard time eating 5-10 a day, this account will defitinely help you find them attractive again.
- Mnd_eatwithlove (GR) – Smoothies & more. Mandy shares her food story in Germany about eating healthy.
- hi_elisabeth (KO) – Elisabeth is a Korean artist who likes to cook plain dishes. If you’re looking for Asian inspiration, this is an account you want to follow.
- theflyingporridge – Are you craving for healthy breakfast? Porridge is the answer. Clara is a vegetarian food blogger who love to share her delicious porridge recipeand also great salads.
- porridge.l.a.b (FR) – The French Lyonnaise is willing to open her porridge shop in her hometown. If you’re looking for more porridge inspiration, Lucile always get some fresh new ideas.
- paleopaparazzi – If you are following a paleo diet, here is an account that you’ll love. Kendra from Northern California takes amazing pics of her delicious recipes.
- life_bylaura – If like Laura, you’re a nut butter addict, here is an account to follow. She never misses an opportunity to accomodate her favorite ingredient.
- foodfaithfit – Personnal trainer and nutrition coach Taylor from Seattle makes you crave for healthy and gluten-free recipe.
Now it’s time to have a look to the counters this week. I haven’t changed my diet so much but added an afternoon snack for most days. Also, I’ve increased my calorie intake per day by about 200 calories and I’m on track for weight gain, considering I’m carrying twins. So it’s good!
[/av_textblock] [av_heading tag=’h4′ padding=’10’ heading=’Weight of the week’ color=” style=’blockquote modern-quote’ custom_font=” size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ custom_class=”][/av_heading] [av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
- Week 17: 133,8 lbs (60.7 kg)
- Week 18: 134,7 lbs (61,1 kg)
- Total calories: 14,227
- Average calories/day: 2,032
[/av_textblock] [av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’50’ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’] [av_social_share title=’Share this entry’ style=” buttons=” share_facebook=” share_twitter=” share_pinterest=” share_gplus=” share_reddit=” share_linkedin=” share_tumblr=” share_vk=” share_mail=”][/av_social_share] [av_comments_list]