KETO Chocolate Granola
There is nothing more delicious than a homemade granola. This recipe is more a formula that you can customize to your taste with the ingredients you get at home. It doesn’t contain any sweetener or sugar-free syrup. If you’re a sweet tooth, you may want to add a tiny bit to your preparation.
To make larger chunks, we’ve used a little trick. Soaked chia is what helps it stick and form the clusters.
Grain-free and sugar-free, this keto chocolate granola is super nutritious food for breakfast to kick-start the day.
- 4 cups of nuts and seeds, roughly chopped (a mix of pecans, almonds, macadamia, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cocoa nibs…)
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of spices (cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, cardamom…)
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter (peanut, almond…)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate 100%, roughly chopped
Soak the chia seeds in water (heated in the microwave for 30 seconds) and add the coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients together. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Heat the oven to 150C/300F (pre-heating is not required). Cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir the granola. Cook for another 20 minutes. Let the granola cool.
Chop the chocolate. Add the chocolate chunks to the granola when completely cooled.